Safa Community School is seeking to appoint an outstanding, talented and visionary Head of English. The successful applicant will have a proven record of success as a teacher and will be able to demonstrate that they have improved outcomes (primarily academic) for students.
We are looking to appoint a teacher with the passion and commitment to promote and develop an outstanding English department. The Head of Department will also be responsible for all DSIB Inspection preparation and readiness. This is an exciting time to join SCS with a new Senior School extension offering more world-class facilities completing in September 2022.
What can SCS offer?
- The ability to develop and grow within the Secondary School
- The opportunity to be innovative and to develop new educational procedures and student experiences
- The ability to develop a significantly broad portfolio
- An exciting, challenging and stimulating place to work in a friendly and welcoming environment
Who/what is SCS looking for?
- Excellent leadership potential, strong management and communication skills are demonstrable through your present role
- A vast experience of delivering GCSE and A-level
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Creating and delivering departmental improvement plans
- Experience in working with and analysing data
- The ability to communicate a clear vision for improving standards within the department
- A capacity for hard work and resilience; and a belief that this is at the core of success
- A creative thinker with the ability and determination to secure high-quality outcomes for all students
- An exceptional and innovative classroom practitioner
- Demonstrable ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Readiness for meeting the high expectations in Dubai with enthusiasm
- A leader who places the well-being of all students first
Safa Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The post is subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.