When a child is unwell, parents should email the school before 8AM on the first day of absence informing the school of the reason for absence. Every effort should be made to arrange medical appointments outside school hours. If it is necessary for a child to be out of school for this reason, the child should be returned to school directly after the appointment.
To report an absence using the iSAMS parent app/portal:
- Desktop: Click on School Life → Absence Notification
- Mobile/Tablet: Click on School Life → Bookmark and Weblinks → Absences
The school recognises that pupil absence during term time can seriously disrupt a pupil’s continuity of learning. Parents are therefore strongly urged to avoid booking a family holiday in term time.
- Parents should apply in advance to withdraw pupils from school for a holiday
- No more than one period of holiday of no more than five (5) days in any academic year can be authorised
- Holidays are not authorised in September or May or the first and last week of each term
To request a holiday during term time, you will need to complete our Application for Leave of Absence form School form. When an absence is authorised, parents will be provided with written permission.