Join us on Wednesday 3rd May 2023 from 5:30pm to 6:30pm in our ‘state of the art’ Senior School where you will get a feel for our brand new Hope Building. Meet our Student Leaders, Careers Counsellor, Subject Specialists, and talk with our Senior Leadership team who will guide you through the extensive curriculum offering we have at Safa Community School.
Introducing New Subjects
We are excited to announce GCSE and A-Level Sociology, A-Level Media Studies, BTEC Engineering and BTEC Creative Media commencing in September 2023 building on the success of our current GCSE and Sixth Form courses.
Meet & Speak to our Secondary Leadership Team
Join this exciting event!
Advanced Level Qualifications
International A levels have been written to the highest standard, with the global learner in mind, and are recognised by universities across the world. They offer progression from our GCSEs or International GCSEs and can be taken alongside our BTEC National qualifications to give students a comprehensive choice of subjects.
With the ongoing changes to A Levels we have seen fundamental changes to the sixth form syllabus over the past few years. The standard offer is for students to begin with three subjects in Year 12, although some will take four, depending on student ability.
The students are embarking on a two year course and as such the examinations aim to provide an external checkpoint.
Business & Technology Educational Council
- Vocational and work-related courses, designed to accommodate the needs of employers and allow students to progress to further and higher education
- Practical approach to learning, without missing any of the important theory on the subject
- BTEC’s are taken in over 100 countries and are extremely reputable
- Real-life work related units for which students will present evidence
- Demonstrate your skills and knowledge through a practical situation rather than examinations
- BTECs are graded using ‘Pass’, ‘Merit’, ‘Distinction’ rather than a grade 9-1
- No exams
- Coursework based (but unitised, smaller assignments)
- Practical based rather than theory and written work
- Work related skills