Secondary Subjects Offered
At Safa Community School we offer the full range of Key Stage 3 subjects and our GCSE and A-Level subjects will support the needs of learners of all abilities and all future career destinations.
Key Stage 3 (Years 7, 8 and 9)
The curriculum in Year 7 is designed to build on the work undertaken in Key Stage 2 and to ensure a smooth, effective transition from primary to secondary school. All subjects are taught by subject specialists with GCSE experience.
Students in Key Stage 3 at Safa Community School have a very broad range of subjects to choose from as we want to encourage breadth of knowledge and enable students of all abilities to thrive. The curriculum is differentiated to suit all abilities, including able, gifted and talented pupils who will have specific targeted programmes; those who have learning needs will all have Individual Education Plans (IEP’s); and students with academic, creative or practical leanings.
Key Stage 3 Subjects at Safa Community School
- Science (Physics, Chemistry, Biology taught separately)
- Arabic A or Arabic B
- Islamic Studies (for Muslim students)
- Choice of one or more Modern Foreign Languages from French, Spanish, German, Mandarin, any other specific language requested
- Personal, Social, Health and Citizenship Education (PHSCE)
- Computing/ICT (Includes the Safa Lego electronics course)
- Art and Design (includes textiles, graphics, plastics, wood, ceramics)
- Physical Education
- All majors sports are offered and a number of sporting academies operate at the school.
GCSE and A-Levels
Safa Community School will offer all the Key Stage 3 subjects, plus a number of additional subjects at GCSE and A levels, including Business Studies, Economics, English Literature, Philosophy, Psychology, Media Studies, Further Mathematics and Computing.